Inline skates are a popular and exciting sport for kids, providing a fun way to stay active and improve physical fitness. Whether you're looking for a new hobby for your child or want to encourage them to get outdoors and stay active, inline skating can be an excellent choice.
However, choosing the right pair of kids' inline skates can be challenging, especially if you're new to the sport. With so many different brands and models on the market, it can be difficult to know where to start. In this blog post, we'll take a closer look at kids' inline skates, discussing the different types available, the key features to look for, and the benefits of inline skating for children.
TYPES OF KIDS' INLINE SKATES:
There are several different types of kids' inline skates on the market, each designed for a specific purpose. Some of the most common types include:
Fitness Skates: These skates are designed for everyday use and are great for kids who want to stay active and improve their physical fitness. They're typically made from durable materials, such as plastic or metal, and feature comfortable liners and adjustable straps for a secure fit.
Recreational Skates: These skates are perfect for kids who want to have fun and enjoy a leisurely ride around their neighborhood. They're often designed with colorful and eye-catching graphics and are available in various sizes and styles.
Performance Skates: These skates are designed for more experienced skaters who want to take their skills to the next level. They feature high-quality components and aerodynamic designs, making them ideal for kids who want to skate faster and perform tricks.
KEY FEATURES TO LOOK FOR IN KIDS' INLINE SKATES:
When shopping for kids' inline skates, it's important to consider the following key features:
Fit: A good fit is essential for comfort and performance. When trying on skates, make sure your child's toes aren't touching the front of the skates and that the skates are snug but not too tight.
Adjustability: Many kids' inline skates feature adjustable straps, which allow you to customize the fit as your child grows. This is a great feature, as it means you can get more use out of the skates and won't have to buy a new pair every time your child's feet grow.
Durability: Kids can be hard on their gear, so it's important to choose skates that are built to last. Look for skates made from high-quality materials, such as plastic or metal, that can withstand the wear and tear of regular use.
Wheel Size: The size of the wheels can impact the speed and stability of the skates. Larger wheels are generally faster, while smaller wheels are better for performing tricks.
Brakes: Kids' inline skates typically come with either a traditional heel brake or a modern frame brake. A heel brake is a simple and effective braking system, while a frame brake is more advanced and allows for greater control.
The Bont Scoot Kids Speed Skate is perfect for kids just starting out and more experienced skaters looking to upgrade to a better quality skate.
The Scoot shell is sleek and streamlined and ensures proper ankle support, great energy transfer with every stride, and allows for perfect balance and control. This skate is great for learning how to skate or improving skills.
Made from premium materials and superior padding, this skate has amazing support and is very comfortable. It also reduces foot fatigue so kids can skate longer.
Combined with 2FT 6061 aluminum frame, 85A performance high rebound Elemental wheels paired with ABEC7 bearings for a long lasting, smooth roll, high quality bearings.
The package is available in 4 adjustable sizes: Bont 9C-10C = EU 27-28, Bont 11C-12C = EU 29-30, Bont 13C-13.5C = EU 31-32 and Bont 1-2 = EU 33-34
For more information, click here.
Inline skating can have several benefits for kids, including:
- Improved Physical Fitness: Inline skating is a great form of physical activity that can help improve a child's overall fitness level, including cardiovascular health, balance, and coordination.
- Increased Endurance: Inline skating can be a great way to build endurance and stamina, especially for kids who have a hard time staying motivated to exercise for longer periods of time.
- Better Balance: Inline skating can help improve a child's balance and coordination, which can also help to prevent falls and injuries.
- Mental Health Benefits: Inline skating can be a great stress-reliever and mood-booster for kids, as well as a fun activity that can boost self-esteem and confidence.
- Outdoor Adventure: Inline skating provides a fun outdoor activity that kids can enjoy, whether alone or with friends, which can encourage them to spend more time outside and stay away from screens.
- Socialization: Inline skating can be a great way for kids to meet new friends, socialize, and develop teamwork skills when participating in group activities.
- Skills Development: Inline skating can help kids develop a variety of skills, including balance, coordination, and agility, which can be beneficial for other physical activities as well.